tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 19 09:42:38 1995

Re: Best of three law'/puS

Steve Weaver wrote:
> I think I understand the "A Q law' B Q puS"  construct for dealing with
> "A" is better than "B", BUT, how would I go about compairing something like
> "I did 'A', I did 'B' and I did 'C' and 'C' was the best!"?

charghwI' has already flawlessly translated your sentence as you wrote it,
but I would make a slight adjustment in both the English and Klingon.
"I did 'A', 'B', and 'C'.  'C' was better than the others."
{~A ~B je ~C je vInIDta'.  ~C QaQ law' latlh QaQ puS.}
It is actually obvious that you meant "'C' was the best of the ones I did!"
But I'm not content to rely on context when it's so trivial to clarify the
translation.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level