tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 17 10:46:15 1995

Re: calendars

On Wed, 17 May 1995, Riku Anttila wrote:
> If you are about to do something which is non-canon anyhow, why not make
> it compatible with the already published information from FASA etc.? I'm
> sure it would make the calendar more popular among Klingon fandom.

Do you have any material like this?  I never saw a Klingon calendar in
the FASA materials....  There was a year numbering scheme going back to
the Karsid arrival, but beyond that....

> Oh, there's a piece of canon - Alexander was born on "43rd of Maktag".

Which indeed suggests a system similar to what Asimov proposed we use:
having 4 seasons (ABCD) with 91 days each (13 weeks of 7 days), where the
days are numbered A1, A2, ..., A91, B1, ..., B91,... D91, D92 (365th day,
interweek), B92 added when needed for leap days.  Some prefer to add to
this system months with 28, 28, 35/36 days using the old names.  With a
Klingon system, who could know until we find out scientific data about
Qo'noS....?  Maybe we should ask MO to use his "wand of canonization,
level 3" :-)

> Oh, there's a piece of canon - Alexander was born on "43rd of Maktag".

Although, I for one still drop my jaw when K'ehleyr shows up with
Alexander.  Worf & K *must* have conceived him when they met before he
went on the E-D, or Klingons sure mature quickly!  And then live a *long*
time.  (BTW, if Klingons *do* mature quickly, this explains how their
could be a son of a DuraS daughter in the short time between the
Alexander Time Travel episode of TNG and the movie STG....)

<[email protected]> #1 910 759 5532, fax -6142 ..Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager            operate in a vacuum, may
Wake Forest University Department of Physics   I at least have a little
7507 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?

Back to archive top level