tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 09 20:00:04 1995

Re: KLBC? OK. How's this? (Was Re: KLBC I'm confused)

According to [email protected]:

> Or {jIwam 'e' choghojmoH}?

This doesn't work for me. It implies that I teach you THAT you
hunt, not HOW to hunt. Meanwhile, if I teach you IN ORDER THAT
you hunt, the purpose of the teaching is clear.

I'm not saying that your attempt is incorrect. "I hunt. You
teach me that." It is just more ambiguous than {jIwammeH
choghojmoH} or even better, as ~mark suggests {jIwamlaHmeH
choghojmoH}. Here {-meH} is a tool more specifically designed
to carry the kind of meaning that you want here.

> --'Iwvan

charghwI'
--

 \___