tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 09 19:12:38 1995

Re: KLBC I'm confused (was: Re: Transitivity)

According to [email protected]:

> Just for the sake of the argument, I can make sense of {muHoHwI'}
> `one who kills me', `my killer';  ditto for {DuHoHwI'} and so on.
> People (though not Okrand, I believe) have been seen constructing
> {-ghach}-nouns from prefixed words.  If that is OK, why not this?

Well, Okrand specifically stated in an interview in HolQeD that
combining {-ghach} with a pronomial prefix would be majorly
weird. He said that a Klingon would probably understand what
you meant, but would definitely recognize you as an alien who
does not nearly speak Hol. While I don't think Okrand has
spoken specifically about {-wI'}, I strongly suspect that he
would draw the same conclusion about it.

You can say "my killer" as {HoHwI'wI'} or more explicitly
{muHoHbogh nuv}. There simply isn't a need for something as
strange as {muHoHwI'}.

> --'Iwvan

charghwI'
--