tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 31 14:37:10 1995

Re: words from Reunion

On Fri, 31 Mar 1995, Andrew Marquardt wrote:

> Last week I was watching the TNG episode Reunion. When the Klingons made
> sure
> that Kem'pec was dead they each said something when they put that stick to
> Kem'pecs chest. This is what I could make out of it...   QaH Ge NaH geol
> is this correct? in Klingon spelling, and what would it translate to in
> English?

According to the ST Encyclopedia, the phrase is "qab jIH nagil" which
purportedly means "face me if you dare."  Obviously, the writer plucked
the words {qab}, {jIH} and {ngIl} from the TKD without using any effort
to produce a grammatical Klingon sentence.

If I were consulted on what to say during a SonchIy ceremony, I would
have them say:  bIngIlchugh, HIghoS! (Approach me if you dare.)

> [email protected]

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level