tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 30 01:45:32 1995

A new Klingon word?

  On BBC TV2 (British TV) last night in the Star Trek (TNG) episode "Power
Play" (about when the Enterprise gets into a scrape with small energy beings
found on a moon that the starship "Essex" had crashed on 200 years before),
some of the energy beings (thought for a time to be ghosts or spirits of the
crew of the "Essex"), take over 3 of the crew, and about 28 minutes after the
episode started Worf says "We Klingons also know of this: we call it [what
sounded like] {chatning}, `the takeover of the living by the dead'.". It could
possibly have been {cha'ning}. What is the correct form of this word? Can it
be treated as canonical?

Back to archive top level