tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 20 19:50:10 1995

Re: Klingon in VOX

>Like I said, it is time we asked Marc Okrand for permission to write {i}
>instead of {I} to avoid such unclearnesses.

Let me be the first to express my distaste for this proposal.  Ill-suited
the writing system may seem to you, it's there, and asking Okrand
to change it is like asking speakers of English to stop capitalizing
first words of sentences, or German speakers not to capitalize
all those nouns.

And, if you still have doubts, ask youself how hard it was to read
my word "Ill-suited" up there.  If you're having trouble with the
spelling, perhaps you're just not using the language enough.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level