tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 08 04:27:15 1995

Re: E Pluribus Unum

ghojwI' wrote:
>Peoples might have been a better word...  I meant the society, not just
>the government.

If you meant "society", then that's what you should have said in the first place. :-)
The original "Out of many, one" is really a mess; not only does it lack a verb, but it
has very little in the way of a subject.  I think "society" fits /very/ well as the
intended subject, certainly better than "government."

I offer this:
{nughmeyvo' Sar chen'eghmoH wa' nugh'a'}
"From various societies, one great society forms."

{Sar} instead of {law'} has more of the "melting pot" flavor we used to be so proud of.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level