tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 03 05:16:11 1995

KBTP (was Re: Strange New World Book)

> I believe it was Lawrence who said:
> > >Your ethnocentrism is showing, by the way -- we're talking about the Christian
> > >Bible here, not some "human" one.
>
> janSIy

No, it was me.  I maintain that my choice of label is justified.

Isn't the KBTP doing what most Christians would call "The Bible"?  I didn't
intend to imply "Christian" as opposed to "Jewish".  It's my understanding
that Protestants, Catholics, Seventh-Day Adventists, etc. all accept the
"Hebrew Bible" as part of "The Bible".  I was trying to be succinct and
specific in very few words.  I regret having offended anyone, but I don't
apologize.  I still think "Christian Bible" is the right term.

So what IS the "official" purpose of the KBTP?  What is the "canon" being
translated?

Alan Anderson              Delco Electronics
(ghunchu'wI')       Remanufacturing Services
              Test Equipment System Software

Back to archive top level