tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 31 07:03:09 1995

Pings to Thunder

So'wI' chu'Ha'lu'

Sorry for the BAD Spoonerism in the Subject line. But I've just been
reading about the Rev. Spooner in Reader's Digest and being very jealous of
those with the vocab. to do the contest in Klingon. This is MY kind of
contest, but, maybe next year.

As a newbie who is very easily confused and doesn't recognize the
difference between a Klingon word and a Klingon name (although I can pick
out chargwI' when used in a sentence as William). Some of you older members
may know the difference between someones Klingon name and a Klingon word
that looks like someones name (in a recent thread, the name yoDtarg, or
something like that, came up and the responder recognized it as a NAME, not
a WORD). Is there some hint as to how I can do that? Or would it be a
better idea to place the NAME inside a "cartouch" (maybe the squiggly
braces {yoDtarg}) when the WORD is a NAME??

My 2 pfennigs worth.

So'wI' chu'lu'ta'

vIta'pu'be' !!!    <- tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Steve Weaver     [email protected]

Back to archive top level