tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 28 17:28:32 1995

Re: About {pong}

Guidovo':
> >The only problem with charghwI's recasting is when the both the subject
> >and the object need to be explicity stated, as well as the name.  For
> >example, how would you say, "The warrior named his son qeylIS"?  Using
> >charghwI's method, you can't.  This way, you can:
>
> >	puqloDDajvaD qeylIS pongta' SuvwI'
>
> >See what I mean?
>
> Ahem...
>
> puqloD pongmeH, "qeylIS" lo' SuvwI'.

Well, I cannot argue with the validity of this re-casting.  However, it
doesn't contribute to whether or not the example I gave is a valid,
understandable, grammatical statement.

The idea here, after all, is the challenge of finding a way to use <pong>
as the only verb in the sentence, if at all possible, as is done in
tera'ngan Hol.  {{:)

I would be honoured to hear what you have to say, Guido.

--HoD trI'Qal

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level