tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 28 08:52:53 1995

Re: KLBC: All for one, and one for all v1.0

According to Steve Weaver:
> My first shot at tlhIngan Hol. Please tell me what is wrong and why, but do
> not tell me the correct way to say: All for one, and one for all. I wish to
> attempt this myself. Thanks.

This is ambitious, since this is not something all that
explicitly clear in English...

> boSaHtaH lath 'ej nIteb DaSaHtaH.

Look at the word order for your first two words and remember
that in Klingon, an object preceeds a verb and a subject
follows it. Also consider that, while {SaH} is an excellent
choice for a verb, {latlh} is probably not as good to work with
as {Hoch} and {wa'} or {vay'}. You might also consider the verb
{Hub} as an alternative to {SaH}. Your choice.

Anyway, I like your use of {-taH}. You might even strengthen it
with the adverbial {reH}, and you might add a little punch
behind it by either making it imperative or using {-nIS}.

Does this fit your request to be given tools rather than
answers?

> ... (Its tough being born tlhIngan but raised
> tera'ngnan, but I shall overcome this handicap).

Don't I know it.

> Qapla'

> Steve Weaver

charghwI'