tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 26 14:49:14 1995

Re: Klingonaase

On Klingonaase, I have one comment. In _How Much For Just The
Planet?_ the use of g-dayt seemed to mean "shit" and not "damn"
because I remember that it built up to a joke that included its
use. Essentially, someone questioned wether a statement was
true or not and the response included g'dayt and a word for
trees/forest and for animal (one presumes something like a
bear). The statement was clearly meant to insure that the truth
of the original statement was beyond question. You didn't need
to be a linguist to decypher that it meant "Does a bear shit in
the woods?"

charghwI'
--

 \___