tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 24 01:09:50 1995

Incompatibilities (was: Re: law'/puS)

> The point is that we can't accept everything as true, honest, grammatical
> Klingon, and Okrand can only backfit to a point, without continuously
> referring to "different Klingon dialects, slang," and so forth.

It's happened, like I thought it would: we have been forced to a decision
to pick and choose between contradictory forms, as people writing in Tolkien
Quenya have to. I suppose that the Klingon forms which are eventually rejected
could be explained as errors in transmission from the presumed Klingon
original to Okrand's knowledge of them.

Back to archive top level