tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 21 10:39:19 1995

Re: easy sentences

According to William H. Martin:
> QaHHa'laH means it was able to be unhelpful.

Better, I should say is was able to hinder.

> QaHchoHlaHbe'
> means it was not able to be helpful.

Ahem. I meant to say QaHlaHbe' means it was not able to help.
QaHchoHlaHbe' means it BECAME unable to help; it CHANGED to
become unable to help.

> In your English, you
> seemed to indicate the latter. QaHchoHlaHbe'pu' means it had
> been unable to be helpful.

Again, I meant that QaHlaHbe'pu' means it had been unable to
help, while QaHchoHlaHbe'pu' means it had become unable to help.

> QaHHa'laHpu' means it had been able
> to be unhelpful.

And this would be better stated as "It had been able to hinder."

I must have been distracted to fail to be that clear. HIvqa'
veqlargh!

charghwI'
--

 \___