tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 20 10:10:04 1995

Re: Klinzhai

On Fri, 20 Jan 1995, A.Appleyard wrote:

> (1) I came across the name `Klinzhai' once: it was a planet, probably the
> Klingon home world, in a Star Trek scenario story that I came across recently.
>
> (2) I once saw an article called `tlhIngan Hol or klingonaase?', as if there
> is or was a rival Klingon language somewhere.
>
> Is the word `Klinzhai' a `klingonaase' word? Who wrote and maintains this
> apparent other Klingon language? How well developed is it?

"Klinzhai" is the Klingonaase word for the Klingon homeworld.
Klingonaase is the Klingon language appearing in the novel, "The Final
Reflection", by John M. Ford and it is also used in FASA's Star Trek role
playing game.  Klingonaase has not been fully developed like tlhIngan Hol
and there are only several dozen words recorded.

Klingonaase is not considered canon in the same way tlhIngan Hol is, in
that it is not used in the TV series or movies, but its vocabulary
continues to remain popular among Klingon fandom.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level