tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 20 08:56:14 1995

Re: klingonische Woerter

On Thu, 19 Jan 1995 [email protected] wrote:

> If you want to say, "Speak to the passing ship," it would be best as
> {juStaHbogh DujvaD yIjatlh}. For, "Say, 'the passing ship,'" I would suggest
> {"juStaHbogh Duj," yIjatlh}. It's very simple, especially with context. Btw,
> those " " are not canon. We have no canon punctuation.

qarbe'.  From time to time, I hear folks here say there are no canon
examples of Klingon punctuation, such as commas.  This is not true.  Text on
DS9 trading card #99 (1993 series), written by Okrand includes commas and
an ellipsis.

The card is entitled {Qu'} and the text is as follows:

loS...qIb HeHDaq, 'u' SepmeyDaq Sovbe'lu'bogh lenglu'meH He ghoSlu'bogh
retlhDaq 'oHtaH.  HaDlu'meH, QuSlu'meH, SuDlu'meH lojmIt Da logh Hop Hut
tengchaH.  vaj loghDaq lenglaHtaH Humanpu'.  veH Qav 'oH logh'e'.

> Guido

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level