tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 11 21:06:26 1995

Re: HolQeD 3.4. -wI'

At 05:57 PM 1/11/95 -0500, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
>>Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 14:31:55 -0500
>>Originator: [email protected]
>>From: [email protected] (David Barron)
>
>>~marc, charghwI',
>>I would like your opinion on Prochel's proclaimation that -wI'
>>can be added to a verb to mean "one who is" as in HeghwI' "dead man".
>
>>Do you feel this is acceptable tlhIngan Hol?
>
>I actually haven't fully read the article... mostly because I dread the
>visceral reaction I'll have when I do (and I hope I can get a proper
>response in a letter to Lawrence)... -wI' on nouns indeed!
NOw, the article was not THAT bad. He *DID* site TKD to back up his argument.
So please READ IT AND COMMENT!

>But I do agree that -wI' can go on *any* verb... even "stative" verbs.
SO does this mean that langwI' can mean "the thin man"?

It would be nice but I havent ever heard it argued.
And the only positive argument for this in TKD is the list of suffixes in the
back of the book.

>'e' vIHar.  HISlaH.
>
>~mark

                                    David Barron
                   [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
                            Klingon Language Postal Course
                              PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
                    IT'S FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                         Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level