tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 09 09:18:50 1995

re: TKD3 & other expansions was Re: Big time excit ing KLI news

David E G Storm <[email protected]> Wrote (in part):

| Time for *everyone* to go study the history of the creation
| of Esperanto
|
| It is *very* important that we learn from Esperanto's history
| how *not*
| to go about this.  Because if we do it *right*, one might
| find 80 years
| from now that Klingon is used for things we never dreamed of!

Maybe it is THE way to conquer Earth.

I was also thinking about my experiences learning new languages, such as
German and Arabic.  After a while in immersion, the group developed a way
of speaking the new learned language that the teacher would not
understand.  Between us, though, all seemed perfect (grammar and
pronounciation).  We were even correcting each other.  I am wondering if
it is not the case here with this post.  After all, we have a teacher but
he is not there all the time.  We also have excellent students who speak
and write certainly more fluently than many of us (especially me).
Anyway, I just wanted to share the experience...

P.Cinq

Back to archive top level