tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 07 14:14:01 1995

Re: *Esquire magazine*Daq tlhIngan Hol vIlaD!

>Date: Sun, 5 Feb 1995 21:29:54 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "R.B Franklin" <[email protected]>

>> "The Klingon Language Institute in Flourtown, Pennsylvania, announced
>> that it had begun translating the Bible into Klingon, a language featured
>> on _Star_Trek_, including this passage from John 3:16:

>paq'a' mughlI'ghach jInmol buSbogh De''e' law' vISovbe'.  jInmolvetlhDaq
>vumlI' 'Iv?  paq'a' 'ar mughlu'ta'?

jInmol loH Kevin Wilson ([email protected]).  "Hebrew" paqmey
mughlu'meH jInmol 'ay' vIloH jIH.  De' DaSuqmeH "Kevin" yIQum.

And *please* let's not start the "what should we call the Bible in Klingon"
argument.  That one raged on and on to no good end ages back.  Get the
archives of the list from about August 1994.

>yoDtargh

~mark

Back to archive top level