tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 02 16:40:26 1995

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 98

First, let me apologize -- while I thought transliterations of proper
nouns might be a special case, I do realize that there is a "rule" about
coining original words in tlhIngan Hol.  So clearly englanDngan Hol is
right out.

Also, to comment on the "ethnocentrism" about Federation Standard being
English: back in the days of TOS (before everyone had a universal
translator on their shirt) there were several episodes where the crew
interacted with 20th Century Americans, in English.  Now this means
that either the senior officers of the Big _E_ all knew Fed. Standard,
and English, and the producers didn't feel like noting the difference,
or Fed Standard is, in fact, English.

Chris
reH yay'a' chavjaj tlhIngan wo'

Back to archive top level