tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 30 09:43:27 1995

Re: First Klingon Word

 > Now that a grammarian has responded to the Klingon, I'll just follow
 > up  with the question that was directed to me.
 >

 > There are two types of responses I generally get.  Most people are
 > curious, fascinated, or incredulous.  If Alexander is with me (No,
 > he's  not named after Worf's son, but it helps ;)  I can simply show them.
 > When I told Krankor, he was elated!  Then there are a few people who
 > appear upset, disturbed.  As if I'm going to mess up his mind by trying
 > to raise him bilingually.

 > One friend of mine, a linguist even, was actually mad at me for a few
 > months about this.  But she calmed down, and she's actually getting
 > into  it now.

I told a friend what you were doing and her responce was "What does
his wife think of this?" (accompanied with a roll of  her eyes).

I have to believe she MUST be fairly supportive of this unique endevoure.

 > --Holtej
david

BTW I, like Krankor, feel equally elated to hear of your success in
teaching Klingon to your son.  I encourage you to post your
success to alt.startrek.klingon.

---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 *  David Barron    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'                   Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup                   P.O. Box 37, Eagle ID 83616     ||        yInpu' wa'netlh yInmey            It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope. Not available by E-mail!       E-mail   [email protected]            Finger me for more details.

Back to archive top level