tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 19 22:13:44 1995

Re: pongmemwIj yIleghqa'

qaSDI' Hovjaj 95963.6 ghItlh ~mark:

>I liked the way it sounded and looked, and it means
>either "seismic fault of the night" or "trivial seismic fault"... the
>meaning isn't important, but at least it doesn't mean "boneheaded moron."
>So it works...

I'm currently writing a short story in Klingon (and I'll let all of you read
it when it's finished).  In coming up with names for the characters, I have
been avoiding names which have other meanings.  Unfortunately, all of the
best syllables have been taken!  I would come up with a name, and then see if
it meant anything.  I started getting Klingons with parts of their names
meaning "sorry" or "tickle."

By the way, the story will be about a mission aboard a Klingon patrol ship.
 And none of the Klingons will tickle each other.

SuStel
Hovjaj 95964.6

Back to archive top level