tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 15 21:31:48 1995

Re:qaqIHneS! - corrections:-)

Fri, 15 Dec 1995, ghItlh taj'IH:

> > Also, you can simply say {vImuvpu' je'}.  {vImuvmoHpu'} means "I have
> > caused (someone or something) to join."
>
> Ther's a slight misunderstanding here. I could't find a word to express
> "to found" or "to start" a ship. (Any ideas?) I didn't join the ship
> "quv'a'", I'm the captain {{:-) .

Perhaps you could use {cher} (to establish, to set up).  But {muvmoH}
might be appropriate if you used press-gangs to force your crew into
service.  {{;-)

> qatlho'. vum maj yItaH!

{maj} is an exclaimation.  Here, you would use {QaQ} instead.

> taj'IH

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level