tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 09 14:10:26 1995

*Dragon* wISuchta'!

Yesterday, r'Hul and I hopped in my car and drove to DragonSystems to have
our voices recorded for the upcoming CD-ROM.  It was about 10 hours each
way, but we absolutely had to go.  We both played hookie from work to get
there.  :) Also present at DragonSystems was HoD Qanqor, as well as the
associate producer for the CD-ROM from Simon & Schuster; her name is
Elizabeth Braswell.  She took our pictures, so soon you should see our
happy faces on the web page where they're advertising the CD-ROM.
(http://www.mcp.com/musoft/ssint/klingon.html)

Mark Mandel is a very neat fellow, pleasant and gracious host.  I really
envy him for this opportunity!  We don't often have a chance to bring our
passions and professions together.  He is skilled with the language, and
so makes an excellent choice for Simon & Schuster.  They (S&S) really
seem to want to do this right.

The actual recording part of it didn't take too long; the hardest part of
it was trying to pronounce Klingon *incorrectly*, so the program would be
able to detect both correct and incorrect pronunciation of some key
phrases.  (It then corrects the student's pronunciation).  I don't want to
say anything specific about the project, for fear of saying too much.

When we were done, r'Hul, Qanqor and I went out to dinner.  tlhIngan Hol
was the language of the day, and dinner was no exception.  Our waiter was
really interested, and we had him responding to everything in Klingon.

   jabwI' -- qa'vIn vIneH!  bIQ vIneH!  DaH jIHvaD yIqem!

vaj Dochmeyvam lugh qem 'e' ta' ghaH.  /qa'tlho'/ vIjatlhDI', "you're
welcome" jang jabwI'!!  Dunqu'!

wa'Hu, *Massachusetts*Daq yInchoH tlhIngan Hol.  Hoch wIja'chuq Qanqor
jIH je.  nuyajchu'be' r'Hul, 'a ghojbej ghaH!  malengtaHvIS r'Hul jIH je,
tlhIngan Hol wIqeqtaH.  *CK* *PK* je DI'Ij.  *Virginia*Daq macheghtaHvIS
<taHjaj wo'> DI'IJ 'ej DI'bom.  loQ maQong, 'ach maleng not 'e' DImev
(toH, rut SIp DISuqnISbej).

Thanks to Mark for his hard work, and invitation to participate.  Thanks
to Liz for caring enough to involve fans, and S&S for letting her.
Thanks to Qanqor for dinner and song, and r'Hul for putting up with my
insistance on speaking Klingon.  If any of you has the opportunity to get
to Massachusetts and participate, I stronly recommend it.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level