tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 08 10:36:10 1995

Re: Secret Santa

jIghItlh:

> A friend just asked me how to say "I'm your Secret Santa" in Klingon. I
> told him that I thought it could be:
>
> nobwI'lI' pegh jIH

I just realized that this is somewhat unclear. The way I meant it, this
sentence would back-translate as something like "I am your secret-keeping
giver", not "I am keeping a secret (from?) your giver", which makes
little sense and brings up the old transitivity problem.

Perhaps I should try:

___ nobmey qanob ...va! there's no way to say "secretly"

How about:

<nobmey qanob 'ach choSovbe'>

Please excuse me for thinking "aloud" :)

tlheghmeQ

Back to archive top level