tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 07 14:26:18 1995

Re: HoS'etlh's annoying mailer

According to Ben Warren:

> HIvqa' veqlargh!

> To all KLI listserver members. It appears that I have indeed fell victim to a MIME! And we all know how annoying mimes can be.

Etc., down to:

> This should remove the veQ in the message.
>
> My apologies to all.
>
> Qapla'
>
> HoS'etlh
>
> begin 600 WINMAIL.DAT
> M>)\^(BP1`0:0" `$```````!``$``0>0!@`(````Y 0```````#H``$-@ 0`
> M`@````(``@`!!) &`" !```!````# ````,``# #````"P`/#@`````"`?\/

and several more screens full of veQ.

IT DOESN'T WORK. It seems that even with the MIME stuff turned
off, whenever Exchange responds to a message, instead of
marking the beginning of every line, it indents every line in a
way which is internally intelligent and marks your response in
blue, but the codes for the indentation and the blue are all
held in the WINMAIL.DAT garbage at the end.

Normal 7-bit ASCII mailers can't cope with it and the feature
won't go away. I have not found a way yet, so here I am back to
Telnet. It's not that I like Telnet. I much prefer my end of
Exchange, but the folks I write to are important, too, so I
have to forego the nice parts of Exchange...

Except that it seems to eat my mailbox whenever I send a
message from Internet Explorer...

charghwI'
--
 \___