tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 02 04:43:10 1994

Re: Requesting help!

According to Bill Willmerdinger:
>  in> [There is the sound of a chair sliding back as charghwI' stands
>  in> to face you, fists on his hips.]
>
>  in> Hut DIS jIyInDI' qoHna' HeghHom Heghpu' vavwI'. batlhwIj
>  in> vIchenmoHnIS jIH'e'. quv'e' Suqpu'bogh vavlI' Dalo'taH 'e' chaq
>  in> DawIv'e'? chaq SoHvaD batlhlIj DaSuqlaHbe''a' SoH'e'? SoHvaD
>  in> quvlIj SuqnIS'a' latlh?
>
> vav SoS ghap vIghajbe'.  *qutvaj* qorDu' vImuvpa' qorDu' vIghajbe'.  batlhwIj
> vItu'ta'.  jISuDpu'.  pIj jaghpu'wI' vIchargh.  rut jIHeDnISpu'.
> reHjIghohpu'.

majQa'! Until the last sentence, of course. Two typos. Left out
a space and typed a lowercase "h". Still, quite well said.

> (I'm not sure what your first sentence means.  "When I live nine years", but
> is the qoHna' the subject of that phrase?  "When I, the definite fool, live
> nine years..."?  Then, "my father has died (small death? death bone?)."  What
> am I missing?)

I should have said, {Hut DIS vIyInpu'DI' qoHna' HeghHom Heghpu'
vavwI'}, "When I had lived nine years, my father had died a
true fool's insignificant death." {qoHna'} was part of a
noun-noun possessive construction with the object of {HoHpu'}.
I'm not sure my original was WRONG, but the {-pu'} added to
{vIyInDI'} does make the timing a little clearer.

> Qob
>
> ... Your mother would rather feed _you_ to the _gagh!_

She often tried, bless her. DuHoHbe' ghu' vaj HoSlIj ghur.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level