tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 01 03:41:33 1994

Re: KLBC: Similes

According to R.B Franklin:

> How do I say something like: "You are as greedy as a Ferengi"?
> Can I use the same kind of sentence structure as Sec 6.6 and say:
> SoH qur rap verengan qur rap.
> Or do I need to express it some other way?
> bIqurtaHvIS rap SoH verengan je.
>
> yoDtargh

That structure exists only for comparatives with {law'} and
{puS}. You probably want something more like:

reH verengan qur DaDataH.

"You always behave like a greedy Ferengi."

I suspect that {rap} is intransitive, since that would make it
more generally useful and consistent with the other "be" verbs.
Usage would be like,

HoD rap lobtaH Holtej jIH je.
lob HoDwIj HoDDaj je.

charghwI'