tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 27 23:02:58 1994

seen on TV...

On the Discovery Channel "Amazing America" program tonight (8/27)
there was a segment on a large Creation Star Trek con in Pasadena, CA.
Lots of camera time went to the various "Klingon fans". At one point
the narrator said something like, "the fans of the Klingons attend
these conventions to get their message across, often in the original
language" at which point they cut to two fans who had some sort of
subtitled exchange. However, even my meager skills allowed me to
determine they were just making Klingon-sounding noises. (When the
word "Empire" appears and you don't hear /wo'/, or you hear "Terran"
for "Terran", you get suspicious...)

-QumpIn 'avrIn
--
Erich Schneider  [email protected]  http://tamsun.tamu.edu/~ers0925