tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 19 23:16:20 1994

Re: Kronos?

Hate to say it is Praxis that was destroyed, not the homeworld.

Don't take it too hard, I made the VERY SAME mistake... }}:-)

and now for your replacement proverb...??

************************** From:[email protected] ***************************
* Access our worldwide interactive FAXified(sm) Database...toll-free at  *
* 1-800-947-3650, enter "054" for instructions.  Hundreds of categories! *
* Get paid to upload patriot shareware, get file UPLOADER.ZIP at our ftp *
* Home of the original Patriot's Archive * files avail. via email or ftp *
*   --->  Server: mary.iia.org   *   cd /pub/users/starrd/patriot  <---  *
*   IP address: (198.4.75.9) * Read textfile "descript.ion" for index    *

On Fri, 14 Oct 1994, David E G Sturm wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Oct 1994, Matt Gomes wrote:
> > qajatlhneS:
> >   This has nothing to do with Hol, but... if anyone saw DS9 "The House of Qua
> rk
> > you would note that it is explicitly said that Qo'noS is the Klingon homeworl
> d.
> >   Seeing as those Qo'noS was "evacuated" in ST6:TUC, I wanted to get other
> > people's take on it...
> >    And, as Quark says, "Qapla' to you, too" (gotta love it)...
> Well, it *may* have something to do with >Hol<.  (More than *>'''< at least.)
>
> Possibly, they named the world to which they moved >Qo'noS< also.  Since
> >Qo'noS< could possibly *literally* mean "homeworld", it would make sense
> to describe whatever planet was the seat of the empire as >Qo'noS<.
>
> Or it may be called New Kronos, and the New soon was omitted.
>
> Or it may be that the bulk of the population of >Qo'noS< was removed from
> the planet, leaving behind only the senators of the council, and
> government officials living inside in a controlled environment.  (Hmm.
> seems like a story in there...)  Not too different from how Washington DC
> used to be in the early nineteenth century.  Also, that would explain why
> in TNG >Qo'noS< doesn't look like any paradise.  Dark, murky, yucch.  (To
> >tlhInganpu'< however, this might be just plain old >majQa'< :-))
>
> Or it may just be a YATI....
>
> Dave.

Back to archive top level