tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 10 14:04:38 1994

Re: Curse-Warfare (translation)

[email protected] writes in a format that's tough to understand:

>I was looking over my "Klingon Power Phrases" and I noticed that curse-
>warfare is typed out in caps MU'QAD VES.  I can figure out everything
>except
>the Q.  Is it "mu'Qad veS" or "mu'qad veS"?

>Thanks.

A good bet would be "mu'qaD", implying "word-challenge".  That's what I
always thought.  Also listen to Okrand saying "matay'DI' vIHtaHbogh bIQ rur
mu'qaDmey" on the tape; definitely mu'qaD.

Whatever it was you used to send that message, don't do it again.  It came
across compressed and uuencoded; I don't think everyone here has the
facilities, know-how, and/or patience to decode that.

~mark

Back to archive top level