tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 06 08:44:48 1994

Re: Accessing FTP Site

>From: Niall Hosking <[email protected]>
>Date: Thu, 6 Oct 1994 15:23:32 +0100 (BST)

>I'm completeley failing to be able to do anything when I get a
>connection to the FTP site.  Anyone able to help me.  I'm not using FTP
>per se, but a Windows-based FTP system.

I can't really help you without being familiar with the client-qoq you're
using to try to reach it.  The ftp server, to the best of my knowledge, is
behaving precisely as anormal ftp server should behave, so if your client
can't deal with it, I'm not sure what to say; I'd be surprised if they
could get to anywhere by with that kind of performance.

Of course, I'm assuming you're trying to reach ftp.kli.org.  The ftp site
at HablI.tamu.edu uses a strange DOS-based ftp server-qoq which doesn't
behave according to the proper standards, and a lot of people have had
trouble using various clients to reach it.  Try looking at ftp.kli.org
instead.

>Niall Hosking
>aka Kserokhs Vaene