tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 04 16:06:52 1994

re: Re: KLB(?): Order of Nouns

>From: [email protected] (Joseph W. Casey)
>Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 00:05:02 -0400

>>There is a metafont file on the KLI server.  Can someone tell me what software

>>uses metafont files and how I can use this?
>>
>Not sure about that one, but do you know anyone who has a type 2 font
>available for the Amiga?, I've been looking for a while but I can't find
>one that is compatable with PageStream, the WP program I use for my club zine.

Dunno about the Amiga, but as the author of the METAFONT file, maybe I can
help out with that.

METAFONT is a font designing language written by Donald Knuth, mostly for
use with his TeX typesetting system.  It's generally used on UNIX systems,
tho I don't think it's exclusively UNIX.  METAFONT and TeX are available
for ftp from ftp.stanford.edu (the official site) as well as sprinkled
about just about any major ftp site (sunsite.unc.edu, ftp.uu.net,
ftp.shsu.edu, etc, etc).  It's a complex puppy to build and install,
though, so maybe you should check if your local site has it and if so how
to use it.

~mark

Back to archive top level