tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 03 04:41:15 1994

re: Re: Good day to die.

| On Thu, 29 Sep 1994, David Barron wrote:
|
| Now that we have Okrand speaking up on -ghach we might have a
| way of saying
|
| that too often ask phrase "Now is a good day to die."
|
| HeghghachvaD QaQ 'oH DaHjaj'e'

I toyed around with the phrase myself and wonder if anyone thinks the following
is valid:

HeghmeH QaQ 'oH DaHjaj

I don't see why -ghach is needed since Hegh can also be a verb (to die) and so
the -mey purpose clause marker could be used to say "for death"

Does QaQ 'oH Dahjaj really say "Today is a good day"? or is that why you use the
'e' to imply "day"?

Back to archive top level