tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 29 00:14:59 1994

Hamlet Progress Report

Since it's come up, here's where we currently stand.

Guido has done about 85% of his work; he's got the prose in V 2 and IV 7 to
go (maybe one other bit somewhere in IV.)

I am busying myself with my PhD, which has really taken off in the last month.
I owe Guido some comments on his last completed chunk---the prose in V 1.
My part of the translation (the verse) has been completed for a while, and
metrically revised more recently.

Mark is proofing the entire work; he's somewhere halfway through II 2.

Lawrence has been waiting on me and Mark to finish arguing over the translation
of "drum", so he can start entering in proofread text. (He may rejoice;
we've agreed on QoQluch.)

I'm waiting on Lawrence to work out how to get his English text of Hamlet
through to me, so I can check the textual discrepancies between our respective
editions.

And I'm sorry, but no, it doesn't look like we'll have a Christmas release.
--
 Nick Nicholas. Melbourne University, Aus. [email protected]

Back to archive top level