tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 25 10:12:28 1994

Re: Some simple phrases

(Fade up.  A man sitting in front of a desk; behind, bookshelves reach from
floor to ceiling.  He addresses the viewer:)

        tlhIngan Hol bojatlh boneH'a'

        That means, "Would you like to speak Klingon?"

        The Klingons are...

I mentioned an appearance on TV, so I might as well tell all.  I said a few
months ago that I would be appearing on a chat show being broadcast in the
London area to talk about Klingon.  For various reasons that never
materialised, which considering who the presenter was (a tabloid
journalist) and how soundly the series got panned, may not have been
entirely a bad thing.

Anyway, I've now been asked by one of the people who was on the production
team for that show to make a short piece for a public access series which
begins in January on Channel 4, called "Take Over TV".  It consists of
short video clips made by members of the public on whatever they like,
without any editorial commentary by the presenters.

I'll be speaking to camera for a couple of minutes, saying who the Klingons
are, how the language came to be created, mentioning the KLI, giving some
typical Klingon phrases (the ones in my earlier message, suitably
corrected), and reciting Nick Nicholas's restoration of Sonnet 18.  I'll
try to get a contact address displayed on screen.

The cameraman is coming to record it on Tuesday.

___
\X/ Richard Kennaway, [email protected], Univ. of East Anglia, Norwich

Back to archive top level