tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 26 03:24:54 1994

Klingon Advertisement

(This is from the news net.  Could someone translate?   -paul-)

 From: [email protected] (Colette Reap)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.info
Subject: Klingon Advert
Date: 26 May 1994 06:34:18 GMT

The Trustees Savings Bank in the UK has decided on a new policy to attract
youngsters into its fold - it is advertising in Klingon.

I have a full page ad in front of me - it looks like this:

                 What would you
                  say to 6 free
                cinema vouchers

                 (picture of a Klingon, with 'speech bubble'
                  saying "nob blH naDEV"

the rest of the text goes:

yljat1hQo' 'lj joj 13-15? Dl'Sa poSmoH a TSB FirstSave Account Sa suq a cash
card 'e' jaj teq vo' 6,000 cash machines 'je t1hlH Hev six #1 cinema
vouchers, 'ej other money off vouchers yaj'a'. jaH local TSB 'ej Hev more
details.
                        T  S  B

                   We want YOU to say HISlaH

No idea whether the Klingon is correct or not, but thought you might
be interested.
In the small print it does say copyright 1994 Paramount Pictures

Colette Reap

Back to archive top level