tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 23 21:22:30 1994

typical constructs

Hi,

I'm a student of computer science and computational linguistics from
Koblenz, Germany. I'm interested in artificial languages on the whole
(have you ever tried creating on eof you own?).

I am taking a course in the Klingon language at our university this
semester and will soon have to talk about the semantics of the Klingon
language. I've found out some interesting things, but there is one
point missing: I'd like to know what are typical language constucts in
Klingon.

I've read the book by Marc Okrand: He describes the basic sentencs
structure, but I'd like to know what you do if you want to express
complex thoughts in Klingon.
When you learn to talk and think in a language, you learn to
instinctively express your thoughts in a way typical of the language,
which is different from the way you'd say the same thing in another
language. I'm really not that experienced in talking Klingon, so I'd
appreciate your help.

Thanx,
	Katrin

Back to archive top level