tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 13 02:49:56 1994

Re: Qu'vatlh

According to David Barron:

> Qu'vatlh!!!
>
> Well the worst has happened.
>
> I made the mistake of putting DoubleSpace on my disc Drive and THEN
> I tried to install DeskView.  The result was my entire C:\ was
> erased.
>
> That means I have lost most of my work on Henry V.
> This sucks!!!!
>
> David Barron

	I highly recommend I/Omega's QIC-80 tape drive. Less
than $200 available overnight from PC/Connection (800)800-0004
and it comes bundled with a modified (only backs up to tape,
not diskettes) version of Norton Backup for Windows. It fits in
a 3.5" drive bay and backs up over 200MB unassisted. More than
that and you have to swap in a second tape.

	Just last week, I restored all the files for someone
who actually LISTENED to my advice and got a tape backup and
used it. Their hard drive seized up. I installed a new drive
(which they got overnight from PC/Connection) and they lost one
day's use of their PC. Period.

	In the real world, these things happen. A backup saves
you from hardware problems, viruses, theft, fire, and bizarre
installation conflicts like you just experienced. Nothing else
is so effective against so many different dangers.

	Just do it.

	I have one at home and at work. Just do it.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level