tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 01 05:10:09 1994

Klingon Languge Seminar

ATTENTION

It is time to speak with brute honesty.
There exists a growing possiblilty that the Klingon Language Seminar  in
Boise may not take place.

At this time we have one committed student to the seminar and  with 5
instructors and in order to cover cost of meeting rooms and meals we need at
least 15 to attend.

There are several reasons this Seminar needs to take place.

1) Unlike Glen Prochel's Camp this is a scholastic endevour and not a
commercial one.  The best Klingon linguists in the world are schedualed to
instruct, Dr. Lawrence Schoen, Captain Krankor,  Mark Schoelson (~mark), Will
Martin (charghwI') and myself.  This will not just be a forum for learning
but for a sincere exchnage of ideas.

2) If for some reason this Seminar does NOT take place it detractors and
competitors will attribute thier own reasons for its failure and not
necisarily the true reasons.

3) This Seminar needs to succeed as much as Glens camp.
I made a promise to Glen that I would promote his Camp every time I
mentioned this Seminar and I can prove that I have done so.  Glen did not
make the same promise nor did I ask him to.

While I am clearly not doing this  for the money I am not willing to loose my
shirt.

DEADLINE :June 8th

If I dont get some responce by June 8th I will be forced to cancel the
Seminar  I have chosen that date to provide the 30 day notice for those with
plane tickets.

In short If you plan to attend let me know NOW!!!!

David Barron
PO Box 37
Eagle ID 83616
(208)939-4287 day