tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 31 08:31:24 1994

<Li Nalas>SoQ

I have attempted to translate the following speech into Klingon
and would appreciate any grammatical corrections.  The sentences
have been numbered for your convenience.

Li Nalas' speech at the airlock (DS9: The Siege)

1. Where are you running to?
2. This is Bajor.
3. We are Bajorans.
4. We fought a war to regain our homeland.
5. How can you abandon it like, like frightened Cardassian Voles.
6. These ships are for our guests who must leave because it is no
longer safe for them here.
7. However, we are Bajorans and I say that we stay and we solve
our own problems together.
8. Are you willing to join me?

1. nuqDaq Daq SuqetlI'
2. <Bajor> 'oH 'e' yuQvam
3. <Bajoran>pu' maH
4. <Cardasian>pu'vo' juHqo'maj wInge'meH veS wISuv
5. chay' batlhHa' yoHHa' <Cardasian> <vole>mey DaDa juHmaj bolon
6. mebma' DujmeyvamvaD DInob mejchoHbogh naDev toDchoHlu'mo'
7. 'ach <Bajoran>pu' maH 'ej jatlhbogh maQam 'ej qay'meymaj
DItI'mo' matay'
8. tumuvqang'a'

--
Margaret Kipp     [email protected]