tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 25 11:49:39 1994

Compass

QUOTING:
 From: [email protected] To: "Klingon Language List"

 Have the tlhIngan names for North, South, East and West have ever
been  documented?  They don't appear in the dictionary, but maybe
they have elsewhere

or maybe someone has already developed another way of describing them?
Direction the sun rises?
Well it would be nice if we did have something more specific.
Glen Proechel, against my STRONG protest, advised some one to use
{Dung} for north.

My recomedation *IS* to do just as you suggest, use the direction
of the sun. thus
East: Hov SalDaq

West: Hov ghIrDaq

North: Salbogh Hov poSDaq
        or
       ghIrbogh Hov nIHHaq

South: Salbogh Hov nIHDaq
         or
       ghIrbogh Hov poSDaq

I have a feeling there may be some errors here even though I put in
some thought to this so I welcome any suggestions.

--
David Barron || [email protected]  ||   lup Hoch yIyInqu'
   Klingon Language Postal Course       ||   qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level