tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 13 22:33:56 1994

Re: "to be"

> > I would like to propose two alternatives to "qatlh naDev
> > SoHbe'"
 >> that lack any "to be" construction (something I feel one
 > should
 > avoid in order to sound "Klingon"). My suggestions are
 > "qatlh bISaHbe'?"
 >    OR
 > "qatlh bIDach?"

>After the example of "naDev bIHtaH" in PK, we now know that
>something like this is perfectly acceptable, and we should no
>longer hesitate in using it.  Sure, your examples work, but I
>don't think Krankor was wrong.

>Amy

I agree HoD Qanqor is NOT wrong. I simply feel that avoiding the use
of "to be" will give the speaker a more Klingon sound.

--
David Barron || [email protected]  ||   lup Hoch yIyInqu'
   Klingon Language Postal Course       ||   qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level