tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 11 08:50:28 1994

Klingon text on DSN trading card

In the new HolQeD, the Klingon text from one of the
DSN trading cards is given without translation.

So, I have tried to translate it.  The one thing that
makes it difficult to translate is the use of -bogh twice
in the first sentence.
But this is what I got:

(For those who don't want to know what it says, stop reading.)

loS... qIb HeHDaq, 'u' SepmeyDaq
  Sovbe'lu'bogh lenglu'meH He
  ghoSlu'bogh retlhDaq 'oHtaH.

It waits... (Already, I can tell this sounds like a DSN promo.)
at the edge of the galaxy. It is next (it sits next?) to a course
one follows to travel to unknown regions of the universe.

HaDlu'meH, QuSlu'meH, SuDlu'meH
  lojmit Da logh Hop Hut tengchaH.

Deep Space Nine acts like a door (passage?) for one to study,
conspire and take a chance (risk).  Or, is the -meH suffix
used here to form what in English would be a noun: risk, conspiracy,
and study (exploration??)  Maybe the whole sentence should just
read, "DSN is a doorway to exploration, conspiracy and risk"?

vaj loghDaq lenglaHtaH Humanpu'

So to space Humans can travel.

veH Qav 'oH logh'e'

Space is the final frontier.