tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 11 06:46:44 1994

Re: for beginners

I have found out that it is easier to write in Klingon, and get it correct
if you *think* in Klingon.  (Often I'll find myself taking notes in a
class, and a spot or two will be in Klingon.)

When I teach Klingon, I diagram sentences with my students.  They look for
the verb, then go from there.  Most of them can get it.  (Albeit some
never do.)  Soon, they begin to recognize the patterns in English, and can
automatically reconstruct them in Klingon.

If you think directly in Klingon, it's much easier to translate than
thinking in English, then translating to Klingon.  While this is not easy
for raw beginners--after you have a basic grasp on standard grammar, it
becomes easier to work with.  Also, my students, regardless of whether or
not they learn Klingon, have a better grasp of English by the diagramming.
chuQun

Back to archive top level