tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 09 02:40:59 1994

KLBC (old): RE: matamqu'

*beginner*

>tugh ghojwI'wI' Dotlh vIwuq
>SochmaH vagh vatlhvI' vIrIn
>wa'leS nuDghachchaj Qav vIloH
>vIlughlaHDI' jIlabqa'bejqu'
>
>Do'val

I actually feel kinda silly correcting this...

One, because it is two months old.  (I need about ten more hours in each
day... ten more that the lab is open {{:( )  Two, because Do'val really isn't
a beginner anymore.  Finally, because there were only three little itty bitty
errors in the post, one of which he corrected himself later, and which I
corrected in the text quoted above already.

There were two other errors, though.  They both were related, actually.
Please look up the verbs <rin> and <lugh> again.  both of these mean "to be
<something>".  You have them meaning "<something>".  Example:  rIn means "to
be accomplished", so what you actually said in the second line was not "I
accomplished 75 percent" it was "I am accomplished 75%", which sounds a bit
weird to me.  The same thing is true for the final line, and your use of
<lugh>.

Okay, so how do you fix it?  easy.  -moH.  Adding -moH on both verbs solves
the problem.  It's a common mistake; I've done it my share of times as well.
{{:/  It's a silly thing to forget, but you have to remember that if the verb
you are using has "to be" in the definition, and you have an object on the
verb, you need to check and see if it might want -moH.  'nuff said.

--HoD trI'Qal

Back to archive top level