tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 01 05:37:57 1994

KBTP: Psalm 117

Mark E. Shoulson writes:
 > > > one person).  So the "pe-" here should be "yI-".
 >
 > >toH!  Where is that in TKD?  Not that I doubt you.... I usually try
 > >to preserve the plural/singular (as does the KJV)
 >
 > Section 4.1.2, in the table of imperative prefixes, and the following
 > paragraph:
 >
 >  Not that, with one exception, the indentical prefix is used regardless of
 >  whether the command is being given to one or more than one person.  The
 >  single exception is when a command is given but there is no object.

Yes - and as soon as I wrote that, I looked again at my handy verb
prefix chart and saw the yI- prefix as I SHOULD have used it... oh well...

 > > > translator to English; it's in the Hebrew.  Maybe "Seghmey Hoch"?
 >
 > >Sort of.  I like it being terse - does goyim == Seghmey? What about
 > >wo'mey? [maybe I was avoiding the epithet quality of 'goy'...]
 >
 > The epithet quality was nonexistent in Biblical times (there's a discussion
 > on the HEBLANG list about this).

Oh no!  Another mailing list to join... (I won't, I won't... its bad
enough with my workstation being blown away by mail when I go on
vacation NOW.....)  (but maybe.... ) (no!)

yIrojqu'!
     [email protected] | Apertus Technologies | GEnie:j.anderson71
 jineHbe'! DevwI'wI' ghaH joH'a''e'!* The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want

Back to archive top level