tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 30 21:55:02 1994

Translation help!

>From: [email protected] (Nick NICHOLAS)
>Date: Mon, 31 Jan 94 0:05:27 EDT

>I do suppose I'm about due for a change of attribution quote, though the
>fact that I use it in talking to *all* my correspondents (who tend to be
>Terran) justifies it somewhat for me. Unfortunately, whatever I choose, it
>will have to be longer than "nuqneH, petaQ" ;)

Well, I dunno for sure, but charghwI''s complaint makes an enormous amount
of sense to me, regarding what we know about Klingon culture.  As you're so
fond of pointing out, they don't use words like puleeeeze and such, nothing
that doesn't really mean anything.  Your header really means nothing more
than "So and so said:", so "ja' <name>:" would probably be all that's
needed.  *You* may believe that Klingon culture is just stylized Japanese
spaced-up, but it doesn't really fit what we know...

But does it really matter? :-)

~mark

Back to archive top level