tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 21:31:01 1994

Word used by Marnen

>From: DOBELBOWER%[email protected]
>Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 21:44:36 -0400 (EDT)

>How about:

>poH'e' jatlhnISbe'bogh Sov SuvwI'na'
>("A true fighter knows the time when he doesn't need to speak.")

The only problem with this is that it either relies on stuff about the
language we're not sure of, or it runs into the ship-in-which-I-fled
problem.  Remember the argument about whether or not you need "qaStaHvIS"
with nouns of time to indicate timing?  Things like "DaHjaj" we know can be
used alone, but can all nouns that could be times be used so?  I'm not
sure.  Whether or not you use qaStaHvIS, you start to run into the
ship-in-which-I-fled problem, since what you need is "A true fighter knows
the time *at which* he doesn't need to speak" or whatever.  It's a problem
all over again.  We'd have that in questions too ("what is the time at
which...") if it weren't for the word "ghorgh", which cuts through a lot of
this red tape.

>--HoD trI'Qal
>  tlhwD lIy So'

~mark